S.Sentinel® provides a user with time-limited user rights for an emergency case. The rights are defined and determined in advance. For example, if a key-employee is unexpectedly absent through illness, production does not need to come to a halt, as the appropriate rights can be assigned to another person for a limited period of time.
S.Sentinel® - summed up
- Emergency authorization approves assignment of an additional authorization. This control function guarantees that the SAP environment remains audit-compliant in the case of an emergency where a user is assigned more rights than s/he usually possesses.
- The actions carried out during the emergency phase can be easily viewed in the detailed log.
- S.Sentinel® can also be used in non-emergency cases when certain rights are needed for a specific period of time - for example, prior to an accounts closure. In such cases, S.Sentinel® can be used to extend user rights for a specific period.
- In emergencies, the user will only get access to S.Sentinel® if s/he has been granted a visa.
- The approver in the background receives messages via email of each application for a visa, detailing the usage of emergency users and after logout of the emergency users.
- All actions carried out by S.Sentinel® in SAP are fully logged.